Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Question on a hose...

Don't know what hose this is and it's slowly become more saturated looking and I'm curious what it is and if I should be concerned?
    2009 X Flame Red with 3.25" Rusty's lift, River Raider Cage, 17" AEV Argent Pintlers, 35x12.5R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, WARN Rock Crawler Stubby Front Bumper with Grill Guard, Superwinch LP10,000, Or-Fab Bumper & tire carrier, Ace Fender Flares, AEV Snorkel, DIY RockCrawler Exhaust

Transmission line and yes be concerned. Doesn't look like you installed a cooler...any cracks visible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 JKU-OME HD lift-MB72's wrapped in 35" KM2's
    In the desert and loving it.

Can't tell/remember is that is the supply or return though. One goes to rad and one back to tranny. There is a basic cooler in rad but not a very good one which is why a lot of us put in aftermarket coolers in addition to the rad.

2008 JKU-OME HD lift-MB72's wrapped in 35" KM2's
    In the desert and loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xodius View Post
    Transmission line and yes be concerned. Doesn't look like you installed a cooler...any cracks visible?

I replaced the radiator a few months back cause I had a overheating problem with the engine and trans..could it be related to that? Ill check for cracks but the only thing I've ever noticed was whatever paint or coating is on it was coming off
    2009 X Flame Red with 3.25" Rusty's lift, River Raider Cage, 17" AEV Argent Pintlers, 35x12.5R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, WARN Rock Crawler Stubby Front Bumper with Grill Guard, Superwinch LP10,000, Or-Fab Bumper & tire carrier, Ace Fender Flares, AEV Snorkel, DIY RockCrawler Exhaust

My guess would have been the steering hoses.
    2013 Billet JK | Synergy 2'' Lift W/ Bilstein 5100 | 37x12.50x17 Goodyear MTR/K Raceline Beadlocks | Poison Spider BFH Trail Stinger | Poison Spider BFH Rear Bumper | Poison Spider Rocker Knockers | DIY PSC Hydro Steer

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1024 View Post
    My guess would have been the steering hoses.
    I did have a whining noise start in November but sounds like a belt tensioner or something

Soy un perdedor

Quote Originally Posted by Xodius View Post
    Can't tell/remember is that is the supply or return though. One goes to rad and one back to tranny. There is a basic cooler in rad but not a very good one which is why a lot of us put in aftermarket coolers in addition to the rad.

Top one should be the return line...
    I just saw three people jogging outside my window and it inspired me... to get up and close the blinds.

Is it something where I just replace the lines and I'm good? Or what

Mine looks identical to yours, had any one made a hose to just cut and repair or is it best to swap the complete line?

the proper fix is to replace the line