ShopJeepParts.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I powder coated mine to match the body. The powder coat is pretty durable, bought the powder and did it ourselves in a old kitchen oven.
    Eugene was a character in early Popeye cartoons that only said "Jeep Jeep" and could go through anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFsJaQ402fk
    If the wife asks...Tell her it's all stock.

Front diff cover- a work in progress.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1350827296177.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	23037

Never Forget 343
    PTB-EGH

'13 JKU Rubicon
    3" Teraflex Lift w/ 8 Flexarms, Rear Bumper, HD Tire Carrier & Diff Covers, LoD Stubby Stinger Front Bumper & Rock Sliders, JKS Quick Discos, Nitto Trail Grappler 37x12.5x17, LiquidMetals Gatlin Wheels, Engo 10,000# Synthetic Winch, Surprise Straps Grab Handles & SpiderWeb Shade - TFT edition

'12 JK Artic "Yeti" - 2.5" Teraflex Lift, Nitto Trail Grappler 35x12.5x17, Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers, Surprise Straps Handles & Pink SpiderWeb Shade

Installed it today.

Name:	2012-11-03_12-15-17_597.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	23556

'13 JKU Rubicon
    3" Teraflex Lift w/ 8 Flexarms, Rear Bumper, HD Tire Carrier & Diff Covers, LoD Stubby Stinger Front Bumper & Rock Sliders, JKS Quick Discos, Nitto Trail Grappler 37x12.5x17, LiquidMetals Gatlin Wheels, Engo 10,000# Synthetic Winch, Surprise Straps Grab Handles & SpiderWeb Shade - TFT edition

'12 JK Artic "Yeti" - 2.5" Teraflex Lift, Nitto Trail Grappler 35x12.5x17, Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers, Surprise Straps Handles & Pink SpiderWeb Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Res6cue View Post
    Installed it today.

Name:	2012-11-03_12-15-17_597.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	23556
    Looks good! 👍
    Warning:Insanity has replaced reason in the modification of this vehicle

Alright so I just recived my Posion Spyder diff covers and I am debating of either rattle can them or powder coat them at my shop. If I rattle can I can do a more custom color matched theme, and if I powder coat them it is basically just normal colors since if I custom order powder coat its expensive as hell. So how is the rattle can holding up to the elements and offroading?
    2008 Red Rock Crystal Sahara JKU

l 5.13 Yukon Gears l Smittybilt XRC Armor l Dynomax Evo Comp Exhaust N-Fab Front Bumper l Rigid Industries Light's l Cobra 19 DX IV CB with Firestik l 37x13.50x18 Mud Grapplers l Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex System with Fox 2.0's l Poison Spyder EVAP Skid l Rugged Ridge Snorkel l River Raider Breather Hose Extension l Dynomax Evo Comp Exhaust l

People Eating Tasty Animals

Question, this may be obvious to some, but I've never really painted any parts before. Is there any special type tape to use for masking off the main cover to paint the design? I have a set of poison spyder covers powdercoated black, I was going to sand down the spyder logo and paint. A quick google search brought up various types of automotive masking tape, but I wasn't really sure where to start.

Sent from Japan using my iPhone.. KONICHIWA BITCHES!!
    You have to call me Dragon!
    My YouTube Channel

"You can't be a real country if you don't have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons. But at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

when I did my riddlers, I hit the base coat with primer and top coat, then I got nail polish to hand paint the logo, and sealed it all up with clear coat.

Quote Originally Posted by JK10 View Post
    Question, this may be obvious to some, but I've never really painted any parts before. Is there any special type tape to use for masking off the main cover to paint the design? I have a set of poison spyder covers powdercoated black, I was going to sand down the spyder logo and paint. A quick google search brought up various types of automotive masking tape, but I wasn't really sure where to start.

I used green 3M painters tape.
    Warning:Insanity has replaced reason in the modification of this vehicle

You can paint the raised area with a sponge brush or roller. Thats what I did with my riddlers. Extremely easy and it works just as well as masking

Ok cool thanks for the tips guys

You have to call me Dragon!
    My YouTube Channel

"You can't be a real country if you don't have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons. But at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa