Jeepin Outfitters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cylinder misfire engine code! Helpp!!

Hey guys. So this morning I got a check engine light. I ran the code and it popped up as P0306. It says that it is a cylinder 6 misfire. Nothing is running differently and it still idled the same. Some extra info it's a 2010 jk with 33000 thousand miles. I have 35s with a lift and running the tow tune with 87 fuel. Any ideas or things to check right off the bat?? I would prefer to stay away from the dealer as long as possible. Thanks guys!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

2010 Rescue Green Unlimited / 2.5" Teraflex / 35" ProComp Mud Terrains / Superchips / Ace Sliders / Artec Full Armor Kit / Synergy Ball Joints / Rugged Ridge Snorkel / Flat Fenders / Uniden Pro 520 / 4ft firestik

Every man dies, not every man really lives

Make sure your plugs and plug wires are seated, if one somehow worked loose that could cause the code.
    09 X, Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, Poison Spyder BFH front bumper with Trail Stinger, Custom rear BFH bumper, Crusher Flares, Rocker Knockers, Evap Skid, Hood Louver. River Raider Expedition Snorkel, Teraflex Tire Carrier, sPod, 50" Rigid, Trek Armor Seat Covers, Viper TB, Super Chips, Nitto Terra Grapplers on Pro Comp 7005's, Warn VR 10,000 winch.

Are you still on the stock plugs? I had a plug 4 misfire code at 500 and 1000 miles- turned out it was some ceramic chipped off the plug right out of the factory.

New plugs for me at 35k just to be sure they came out without any issues.
    If you can't use proper grammar then I can't (and won't) take you seriously.

I am still on stock plugs. I will have to check everything tomorrow. Anyone happen to know which is cylinder six?? I'm thinking driver side closest to firewall????

2010 Rescue Green Unlimited / 2.5" Teraflex / 35" ProComp Mud Terrains / Superchips / Ace Sliders / Artec Full Armor Kit / Synergy Ball Joints / Rugged Ridge Snorkel / Flat Fenders / Uniden Pro 520 / 4ft firestik

I believe the coil is numbered. Look on that.

Sent from the Matrix
    Last edited by Hook-em; 10-11-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Odd's are on one side and evens the other, low numbers are up front and highers to the rear.

That being said- I don't recall but I would guess 6 is in front of the driver up against the firewall.
    Last edited by karls10jk; 10-11-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    If you can't use proper grammar then I can't (and won't) take you seriously.

If I recall, the firing order is 1-2-3-4-5-6.

The cylinder numbers are:

F
    R 1 3 5
    O
    N 2 4 6
    T

The coil terminal locations
    5 1 3
    2 4 6

I would replace all your plugs anyway. It's relatively cheap and will rule that out of the equation.
    -Mike
    2007 2dr X, 6sp, 35's on D44's, 3" lift, hydro, etc.

im having the same issue right now at 16k i was wondering if you found a fix i would much rather not bring it to the dealer

I replaced my plugs tonight and drove it for five minutes and it seems to have gotten better. The light hasn't come back on and it seems to idle a little smoother. The true test comes after my 15 minute highway drive to work. Hopefully this is the final fix.