Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    I was recently talking to a local guy, whom I never met, who's a big time Suzuki guy. He said something that really caught me off guard, cause he was asking if there were any meets going on or trail rides that didn't have Jeeps cause us Jeep guys don't let other brands run with us. It was on a local forum, I just kinda happened upon it. Another guy chimed in to agree with him.

Everyone local to me is really cool with everyone who wheels. Brand doesn't matter, what matters is that your rig is built appropriately for the trails that are going to be run that day. I've had to bow out of a few trail runs because my Jeep was lacking. It's cool, I rode shotgun. Turns out, what those few local Suzuki guys were hearing was old BS from other members of the provincial club, from another city. (we have a smaller province, and there's a single Jeep Club for the whole thing. They have organized sanctioned runs, which are Jeep only, but members from the city in which the club is based out of have started carrying that rule for every run, even weekend ones)

Anyway, this whole rant isn't about the Suzuki guys. Turns out, he was a cool guy. In the future, there's going to be some runs locally and I'm going to invite them, cause I don't care what you drive, just get out and drive. This rant is about snobby Jeep guys. That and arrogant wheelers in general. Why would you exclude anyone, especially someone local, from a good day out on the trail? I don't get that.

I agree 100%. Some of the best people we've wheeled with have beat up old trucks that can barely make it down the road let alone a Black rock crawl. All rigs are welcome with JKFreaks.
    Click the image above to visit our website!

Mike
    F/R Rubicon Axles
    3.5 Rock Krawler X-Factor
    17" AE Beadlocks
    37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
    JE Reel F. Shaft 1310
    Poison Spyder Brawler Mid Front Bumper
    Poison Spyder Crusher Flares
    Poison Spyder Armor & Rocker Knockers
    JCR Offroad Crusader Rear Bumper/Carrier
    6" KC Slimlites

Driving his wife's Jeep
    I will argue that not all rigs are welcome. I could care less about brand or the fact that it is a JK even less. What I care about is that you and your rig have the ability to run the trails, you rig isn't a POS that will be always breaking down, that you have a clue about your vehicle, and that you are nice people. From what I have seen, the associated snobiness comes from those with whipped or half ass built rigs that aren't reliable. I'm not saying that they aren't capable, but for the time and money I have into this I want to be able to get out and run it. That said, I realize that everyone breaks, and I am the first one to be helping with a trail repair. However, some a far more prone to this than others.

My $.02
    RubiXcon
    No matter what you have, there is ALWAYS a better way to do it.
    My build thread- http://www.jkfreaks.com/forums/showt...ld-up-of-JKarl

When I first got my JK and took it to a couple of jeep runs I was told my jeep wasn't a real jeep...if they could only see me now! LOL I think the trick is finding the the right group and go from there I'm lucky the group I have around here is real good.
    ridin 44's with mud on the doors
    Web Wheeler extraordinair
    The only way to make a Jeep do what you want is to cut that bitch.
    www.krawldaddyoffroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by Heat Treater View Post
    When I first got my JK and took it to a couple of jeep runs I was told my jeep wasn't a real jeep...if they could only see me now! LOL I think the trick is finding the the right group and go from there I'm lucky the group I have around here is real good.
    The only thing I would take off a TJ (and maybe not now that the 3.6 is out) was the 4.0. The TJ's are JK haters. And I agree the TJ was the best looking Jeep... Until the JK came out.

Sent from your moms bed...

Super JK Freak
    Hey I own a jk and I don't care if I'm the jeep in the crowd I'm still out having fun and Sunday if the deal works out my new trail rig/dd will be a 79 f250
    2013 JKU Black sport 37s on Rockstar 2, Quadratec 3.5 lift springs, bilstein 5100, cut fenders, pypes hgc exhaust, bestop NX, spiderweb shades

97 Red TJ TF BB on JK Rubi take-offs