ShopJeepParts.com

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeperjkjeeper View Post
    or this????met this dude at a local beach.....he was one weird cat!

Attachment 13275Attachment 13276Attachment 13277
    Prime example of why plasti dip is great. Although, I completely agree this looks like baby shit, he can just peel it off!

I have made a few minor mods using plasti dip. Blacked out my jeep emblem and my trail rated emblem which was quick and easy. From a distance it looks good, but up close the jeep emblem looks a bit bubbled. However as you said the nice thing about it is that it comes off so easily. I also decided to do my spare to see how it bonded to wheels, the first time i did it it looked ok, but i got some air pockets underneath it eventually and i re did it. I also messed around with it and decided to dip the area around my fog lights which turned out kinda cool looking. So yeah it is pretty cool stuff for little mods, but i wouldn't want to dip all my wheels. I would rather powder coat them than dip them. It is better for the plastic piece mods.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0318.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	13789Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0323.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	13790

I've dipped my wheels matte black and everyone asks where I had them powder coated.

Another application I tried is my vent bezels. I plasti dipped them flat back, then sprayed over the flat back with a Krylon stainless steel finish. It came out very well, is holding up fine, and can be peeled off if/when I want to remove it.

I also used plast dip flat black to paint a sort of "rocker trim" going from the bottom of the rocker about 6" up the side. (Think PSC protection) It came out great and held up great on the road. I just wasn't a fan of the look, so I peeled it off a few weeks later. Some people really liked it.

Something I may try is spraying the top of my hardtop in flat white to reduce heat inside the cab. Same theory as white roofing material being applied to city buildings.

Some application tips from my experiences:
    - Make sure the surface is CLEAN and DRY.
    - You can't rattle the can too much. Shake it longer than you would any spray paint.
    - KEEP THE NOZZLE CLEAN and CLEAR between sprays/coats.
    - Several light coats finish better than trying to get by with one or two heavy coats.
    - The thicker the better when it comes to peeling it off.
    - Over spray is most easily removed with a liquid clay bar solution. I used Turtle Wax Ice.
    - Plasti Dip Flat and Krylon Fusion for Plastics is a match made in non-permanent coating heaven.
    Last edited by ChevTac; 05-23-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    2008 JKU "Chevtac Firearms" Outfitted
    (aka ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Edition)

"Like" us at Facebook.com/chevtec

Another "small" thing I was thinking about to use this stuff on would be the plastic pieces on the doors and the dash trim. I was never a HUGE fan of my tan interior pieces, seats can be handled by covers, but this stuff may be good for taking care of the tan plastic, as well as the white interior of the hard top.

ChevTac, that is a brilliant idea. If you want to change the color of something, plasti-dip it first then paint it. if you don't like the look, rip it off. Brilliant!

Busted...you've got the idea now. Maybe even add some color accents to the dash even. Combine this idea with ChevTac's idea and you can body match certain parts of the dash to see how you like it.

I'm gonna have to try one of these some day.

Keep the ideas coming. Good stuff!

Found a plasti dip product called plasti dip smoke. Used it to smoke my turn signal and side marker lights. Turned out pretty good actually. Much cheaper than buying the aftermarket black ones that you have to wire a resistor for. Plus lets say i get tired of them I can just peel off the plasti dip. I'm considering putting a light coat on my tail lights as well, however i don't want to attract too much attraction from the cops.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GEDC1109.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	14488Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GEDC1111.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	14489Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GEDC1112.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	14490

Very cool. Thanks for posting this.

Beamed over from transporter room 3. All errors a result of a malfunctioning Heisenberg compensator.

I've been sitting on these pics for a few days now and thought now would be a good time as any to share. I got some long post Harley mirrors from a co-worker in exchange for a six pack. They were chrome and I didn't really like the tapered design, but for a six pack I couldn't really argue. Well a bit of plasti-dip later and I'd say they look pretty good.

Name:	photo(4).JPG 
Views:	299 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	15121Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(5).JPG 
Views:	297 
Size:	179.9 KB 
ID:	15122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(6).JPG 
Views:	297 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	15123Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(7).jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	15124Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(8).jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	15125Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(9).jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	15126

A rock came up and took a chip out of my windshield support sometime this winter and i have been meaning to get some touch up paint to fix it, but haven't got around to it. I was considering possibly getting black ones from quadratec but there is no way i am dropping 150 on them so i decided to see how they would look dipped. Turned out ok for now.

Name:	Left Windshield.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	15880Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Right Windshield.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	15881

Great ideas, fellas! Keep up the good work. That gives me another idea. I know some people like their hinges blacked out. This would be a good way to try it without being so committed to the idea.

BTW, I have a can of black aerosol I just bought. I'm gonna do something, I just haven't decided what yet.