JMG Designs

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MoTech LS Swap

MoTech LS Swap

Anyone over here have one? I was just checking out thier site yesterday and they seem to have a really well put together kit not to mention that there are a plethora of Chevy 5.3 engines and 4l80e trans laying around for a fairly low dollar

JK Freak
    I've talked to them a number of times since October. Actually you want the 6L80 trans, it has a lower first gear. We just got a Hemi Grand Cherokee Overland so my JK V8 has to wait now.

I'm by no means ready to pop on one of these for a good long while haha but they're pretty badass and I'd like to see some more real world use!!!

This is the place I found that I've decided I would use if I found the $$$ sitting around for the v8 swap. I know I'm gonna go LS though.....
    If you can't use proper grammar then I can't (and won't) take you seriously.

Yeah deff LS>hemi

Senior JK Freak
    Getting a quote for turn key 6.2 ls swap as we speak

Sent from me to you, using my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by JKCloak View Post
    I'm by no means ready to pop on one of these for a good long while haha but they're pretty badass and I'd like to see some more real world use!!!
    There is a guy in JKO working on the install right now. He's run in to a few problems here and there
    -Mike
    2007 2dr X, 6sp, 35's on D44's, 3" lift, hydro, etc.

Senior JK Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by JKred View Post
    There is a guy in JKO working on the install right now. He's run in to a few problems here and there
    WHEN I get it done. Not if. I'll just take it to them and have em do a turn key swap for me. I don't wanna deal with problems

Sent from me to you, using my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska-Hwy JK View Post
    I've talked to them a number of times since October. Actually you want the 6L80 trans, it has a lower first gear. We just got a Hemi Grand Cherokee Overland so my JK V8 has to wait now.
    Yeah but the big turn off of the 6l80e for me is that I can't use my rubi tcase. With the 4l80e you still can though. Not to mention the 6l80e is fairly new and high tech yet so they bring a VERY nice sum over the 4l80e which is a dime a dozen. The 5.3 swap is a dream of mine and I hope to be able to do it one day. You can find 5.3's with the 4l80e's for less than what the conversion kit that they sell cost! GM put them in EVERYTHING rwd that they make and they're VERY, VERY durable engines that will make hemi embarrassing HP with just a handeful of mods. I read a super chevy magazine where they were well over 400 crank hp with worked up stock heads, very mild cam, LS2 intake and TB, headers and a tune!!
    '07 Unlimited Rubicon. Red Rock Crystal. RC 2.5" spacer lift, 15x8 MB72's wrapped in 35" MT/R's with Kevlar, Riddler diff covers, PSC evap skid, stubby factory bumper, cut factory flares, sleeved and gusseted front axle, synergy tie rod.

If I ever did a V8 swap...it would def be for an LS 5.3! Def seems more reasonable as far as price and reliability goes.

Clean on the inside, mud on the outside. I can't see my paint job!

Build details in my feature submission page:
    http://www.jkfreaks.com/forums/showt...-JK-Submission

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]