Synergy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ace sliders

Ace sliders

I have a question for those of you with ace sliders. I am looking at getting the ace sliders and I can see there is a gap in between the 2 rails where if someone slipped using them as a step a foot could fall through them. I am not worried about me but I do have a 5 year old that would be stepping up into the jeep and getting down from the jeep using these as a step. Are they wide enough for a 5 year olds foot to fall through? I know the PSC rails (rocker knockers) are closed in and do not have the opening like the ace rails, but the price is right on the ace rails.

Banned
    i have a 4 year old girl and her shoes dont slip through the space and she climbs all over them. I love my ACE sliders...good luck

Yes, that could happen. Same with my ORFAB. I wouldn't let that deter you from the ACE, as they are built extremely solid.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep2007 View Post
    Yes, that could happen. Same with my ORFAB. I wouldn't let that deter you from the ACE, as they are built extremely solid.
    Lol. You would say that after being subjected to a 270 lb gorilla jumping on them while trying to drinks soda

BTW I added some skate tape or grip tape to the top on the passenger side for my wife. Even when wet that makes them grip well.
    2012 Rubicon 2 Door Auto 4.10
    Warn M8000, LOD Mid, 10 Factory shafts, Springtail M-PAC, Riddler Diff Covers, MORE Dead Pedal, EVO MFG ProTeK Skid System, 2.5" Teraflex Coil Lift, Bilstein 5100s, TF Exhaust Spacers, AEV Procal, 315/70/17 GY MTR/K Tires, Level 8 Strike 5 Wheels, Ace Rock Rails, ProClip phone mount, EVO C Gussets, EVO LCA Skids, Bestop Highrock bumper/tire carrier, 4' Firestick, UFOs, 48" Hi-Lift, Rigid D2 Floods, Hawk pads and Power Slot rotors, Bushwacker flat flares.

Breaker of Nice Things
    Anything is possible, but I use them everyday and have never slipped and the gap is no very big.

Breaker Of Nice Things

Quote Originally Posted by bgraves1029 View Post
    I know the PSC rails (rocker knockers) are closed in and do not have the opening like the ace rails, but the price is right on the ace rails.
    The Brawler Knockers are closed on top. The Rocker Knockers have a slight gap between the tube and the body, about 1.5 inches or so.

Thanks for all the replies helps alot. My mind is made up Ace it is!!!

Supporting Vendor KrawlOff-Road.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bgraves1029 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies helps alot. My mind is made up Ace it is!!!

I say do it! You will LOVE them! Our 8 and 9 year old boys use them and love them as well. I honestly dont think a foot could get through there easliy. Anything is possible but I dont think it would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MsquaredIN View Post
    BTW I added some skate tape or grip tape to the top on the passenger side for my wife. Even when wet that makes them grip well.
    This is good advice for anyone getting the ACE Sliders primaerally as a "Step" this really helps them grip the shoes so there is no sliding around! Good call my friend...

-Jason

Here is my 4 yr old's foot on my slider. The Rubi rails actually fill some space. If you don't have them they are a highly recommended add on for the rails.