Thread: Help with Tires

New JK Freak

Help with Tires

I'm seeking some advice please.

I have a 2017 JKU Willys with 24k miles. I currently have horrible wobbling and vibrations. My dealership is telling me that I need to replace my tires (stock/original Willys wheels with the BFG Mud Terrains 255/75/17) and it just doesn't seem right. I rotated my tires every time I changed my oil, which was roughly every 5k miles. The dealership is telling me that I should have been rotating them every 3k miles MAX and that's why I'm having these issues now. They quoted me $1200 for 4 new tires, mount/balance, and an alignment. I looked online and found that BFG recommends rotating every 6k -8k miles and that they should last between 50k -60k miles.

Are they ripping me off?
    What can I do about it?

Thanks!

- Joe

MallCrawler
    Not much you can do I believe. The dealership I do not think is responsible for tire warranties. Do yourself a favor and research tire options and pick a new tire that better fits your driving needs. I think those mud terrains are a terrible tire, much better options out there. I had Duratracs and KO2s on my jeep and liked them both.

New JK Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by redbank View Post
    Not much you can do I believe. The dealership I do not think is responsible for tire warranties. Do yourself a favor and research tire options and pick a new tire that better fits your driving needs. I think those mud terrains are a terrible tire, much better options out there. I had Duratracs and KO2s on my jeep and liked them both.
    That sucks...thanks!

I'll look those tires up.

MallCrawler
    Sounds like your mud tires are not properly balanced.