New JK Freak

Rock Krawler Rear 2.5" 4dr 3.5" 2dr springs giving over 4" of lift

I have a 2014 Jeep JK 2dr and installed ICON front coil over 1.75 - 4" adjustable lift. Based on the adjuster and thread showing at top (2") I can't lower and only wanted 2.5" front but ended up with 3.25". I decided to get the 2.5" rear RK coils to lift my rear and ended up with 4.25" of lift. I've had my self stand on the back and the rear only went down 1/4".

Has anyone had this issue with 2dr JK's running RK rear 2.5" Springs? I'm hoping the spring will settle and once I get a bumper sit around 3". 2.5" would have been better and I should have gotten the 1.5" spring, that would have given me 3" lift. I now have to get control arms, but wanted to save up for Long arm kit from RK.

Front Setup
    Stinger bumper with winch
    3.25" lift
    RK front track bar
    Pro comp 34" BFgoodrich KM2

Rear
    No bumper yet
    4.25" lift
    RK rear track bar
    Pro comp 34" BFgoodrich KM2 (hope tires will be in next week)

Needless to say my jeep is not driveable and looks retarded.
    Last edited by Ash; 03-09-2018 at 01:34 PM.

New JK Freak
    Future plans -
    RK long arm kit Pro
    Monstaline exterior
    Driveshafts

I have RK springs and they have not sagged (settled) on my Jeep. It's been a while since I measured, but I got 3.5" out of my 3.5" springs.

Are you sure your springs aren't for a 4 door?

2014 Black JK Sport-icon - My "Lil' Mule"
    JCR Offroad | Rock Krawler | Barnes 4WD | Artec | RCV | Ten Factory
    My Build Thread

What you should have done is swapped out the coil over springs for ones with a lighter coil rate since you seem to have a light vehicle. I would not bother on the long arm kit either as you really don't gain anything but more things to hang up. Most long arm kits out there are poorly designed because of the constraints of the JK and re-use the axle bracketry. Poor geometry and clearance issues are the results and the lift companies are laughing all the way to the bank with your money.

Do yourself a favor and don't chase the height as it only leads to more issues and more money. IF you have only fitted the RK coils return them for shorter ones and get some lighter coils for the coil overs.

New JK Freak
    The springs were 2.5" but state 3.5" for 2 door, so I should have thought about it more and got the 1.5" springs. I just installed my Procomp rims and BFgoodrich T/A tires (34") and the lift looks good now. The jeep rides great at high and low speeds which was a surprise.

Thanks guys for the input. I am getting RK mid arms and will hold off on rear springs until I get my bumper and tire carrier.