New JK Freak

All-terrain Tires

Hi guys! I am looking for a set of all-terrain tires for my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. I am currently checking out Toyo Tires' Open Country AT2. Should I go for it?

I have run Mickey Thompson ATZP3, Goodyear Duratracs and now BFGoodrich KO2s. I like the KO2s for the better street performance, but I felt the Duratracs did a little better off road and in the icy snow. Since the JK is not a daily any more, I move up to something more aggressive like a Nitto Trail Grappler.

2014 Black JK Sport-icon - My "Lil' Mule"
    JCR Offroad | Rock Krawler | Barnes 4WD | Artec | RCV | Ten Factory
    My Build Thread

Senior Moderator

Open Country AT2 is a good tire!! go for it
    Hi I am Craig
    Retired USAF, Currently Service Manager at a Dodge/Chrysler JEEP & Ram Dealership
    Generally just a Crusty ole Smart Arse
    2018 JKU RUBICON RECON EDITION

MallCrawler
    I have both duratracs and BFG KO2 both in 35". I originally bought the duratracs to run in the summer when I bought new rims but did drive them when the roads got bad before I changed them over to my original tire/rim to run in the worst of winter. When my original tires (some old falken wildpeaks which are terrible for the winter) wore out I found a killer deal on ko2 and bought them to run in the winter and have had great results with them as well. My only complaint with the ko2 is balancing, one of my tires gives me fits when it is in the front and shakes my steering wheel around 50mph. I have taken it back a couple times for a re-balance but they tell me it is showing okay. The suggested I try tire balls but at this point I am just running in on the rear. My duratracs have never given me any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ShutterBug View Post
    I have run Mickey Thompson ATZP3, Goodyear Duratracs and now BFGoodrich KO2s. I like the KO2s for the better street performance, but I felt the Duratracs did a little better off road and in the icy snow. Since the JK is not a daily any more, I move up to something more aggressive like a Nitto Trail Grappler.
    I've run the BFG AT T/A KO's (not the new KO2) and the Nitto Trail Grapplers on my daily driver. The street manners of the KO were great. The off-road performance of the trail grapplers is much better. I'm getting ready to replace my 6 year old trail grapplers but am conflicted on whether to go with the trail grapplers again or go with the KO2's. I've never considered the Open Country AT2. They might be worth considering.

Supporting Vendor Discount Tire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester25 View Post
    Hi guys! I am looking for a set of all-terrain tires for my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. I am currently checking out Toyo Tires' Open Country AT2. Should I go for it?
    What size tires are you looking for? Do you off-road much or mainly on road?

There are many solid All-Terrain tires these days. Which tire is right for you depends on many factors.

Here is a link to Discount Tire Direct where you can look up tires by size or brand. You can also select all-terrain in tire category:

Search for Tires | Discount Tire Direct

Let us know if we can help.
    Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Need Tires for Your Camper or Trailer?

Useful Links:

MallCrawler
    BFG K02 is my top choice. These tires handle well and offer good grip in the snow, mud and dirt.