New JK Freak

Paint/Powder Coat Wheels - or keep as is?

Just received my Spyderlock wheels (machined aluminum). Any thoughts on powder coating the wheels semi-gloss black and leaving the rings as machined aluminum versus just leaving them as factory machined aluminum finish?

My rig is a '13 JKU in billet silver color. Really am having a hard time deciding.

i vote for powdercoat. But I like contrast in colors on a vehicle, so that is me, and I'm not a big fan of chrome and full machined wheels either. Maybe just ride with them a bit then decide? You may end up liking the look or deciding to change later.
    2013 Unlimited Rubicon
    2014 Cherokee Trailhawk

New JK Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by huufhearted View Post
    i vote for powdercoat. But I like contrast in colors on a vehicle, so that is me, and I'm not a big fan of chrome and full machined wheels either. Maybe just ride with them a bit then decide? You may end up liking the look or deciding to change later.
    I thought about just running with them as is and seeing how I like them. But it would be a pain to take them apart and get done later, plus my rig would be down for a bit while doing it. Just having a hard time deciding. I am leaning towards powder coating them. I think I would like them for sure, but wasn't sure about adding more costs to my build at the moment. I am currently putting in Currie VXR60s with hydro assist so pocket book is very thin.

Soy un perdedor

Paint/Powder Coat Wheels - or keep as is?

Ill vote leave em as is. Not a fan of colored wheels anymore (especially black). There was a time when Black was new and different. Now it seems as every Jeep has black wheels.

My two cents...

Sent via Wonkavision
    I just saw three people jogging outside my window and it inspired me... to get up and close the blinds.

New JK Freak
    Just leave as it is, save the budget for other modification.