B&M short throw shifter

Ok so after dealing with the dreaded JOG(jump out of gear) for some time (I'm gone a lot on deployment) on my 2010 2 door, I was putting some pennies aside for a tranny rebuild when a friend suggested I look into the B&M short throw shifter. In a thread on another forum folks were reporting that the stiffer detent springs had solved their problem of jumping out of 1st gear. At $469 it's not cheap, but less than the cost of a tranny rebuild so I was willing to give it a shot. Install was pretty straight forward, instructions were decent and B&M has a good video on YouTube. Below are some shots of the install. So far I've driven around 60 miles and hasn't popped out of 1st. The shifts are really stiff and noisy, but are gradually getting smoother.

A few things to note, the shifter knobs were a bitch to get off, but a strap wrench did the trick. Also my foam donut was kind of torn up but I didn't have time to hit up the dealer for a new one, so I glued it back together with RTV. If your Jeep is a few years old you might want to order one just in case.

Overall I'm happy with the results, I'll update as I rack up more miles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BlackBetty; 08-10-2017 at 12:41 PM.
    You have to call me Dragon!
    My YouTube Channel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You can't be a real country if you don't have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons. But at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

How is it driving now? Is the noise still dissipating? Shifts getting a little easier?
    '07 Sahara 2-Door
    6 Speed Manual w/ 5.38 gears
    Sleeved, Trussed & Gusseted Rubi Dana 44 front w/ RCV shafts
    Rear Rubi Dana 44 w/ Eaton Ected locker & 35 spline chromoly shafts
    F&R Tatton 1310 DS
    2.5 Rock Krawler X Factor System w/ Bilstein 5100 shocks
    17X9 Pro Comp 7005 Series w/ 35X12.50R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    Front and Rear AEV Bumpers w/ AEV rear tire carrier and Warn Zeon 10-S
    Rigid Industries Dually's on windshield mounts, 12" LED lightbar on front bumper
    JCR Stage 2 rock rails

sorry I haven't been on in forever.. it's shifting better now, though not as smooth as stock. still jumps out of gear every once in a while, but not anything like before.
    You have to call me Dragon!
    My YouTube Channel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You can't be a real country if you don't have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons. But at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

New JK Freak
    I recently picked this up. It's waiting for me at home once I get back from the field. Really hoping that it cures my bump out of gear, because I have issues in 3rd and 4th anytime I hit a big pothole or bump. Plan is to change the manual trans fluid and install in one go.

Did you drop the fuel tank and crossmember when you did the install?