NE Ohio Freak looking to borrow some tie-down straps

As many of you may know I'm moving to South Carolina in a few weeks. I've decided I will tow my Jeep with the U-Haul truck that I will be renting. The problem is that U-Haul requires that I supply my own trailer tie-down straps because I have oversized tires. If anyone has a set of tie-down straps that will work with 35" tires that they can loan out for a few days that would be awesome. I would use the straps to trailer my Jeep down to SC, then send them back through the mail. My move date is Monday, July 24th and I will send them back by the 26th at the very latest. I would really like to avoid buying a set, because I don't own a trailer or a tow vehicle and I will only use them once. If anyone can help me out, please either respond to my post or PM me.
    Thanks, Steve

Hello? Anyone there?

I'm here. I just don't have anything to lend that would help you out.
    2014 Black JK Sport-icon - My "Lil' Mule"
    JCR Offroad | Rock Krawler | Barnes 4WD | Artec | RCV | Ten Factory
    My Build Progress

Ok, it looks like no one can loan me the tie-down straps. So, I will have to buy. Is there anyone out there that tows their rig on a regular basis, that can give me some advice? For example, what size strap, how many, and what weight rating. Also, if anyone could give me some tips on towing/loading, it would be greatly appreciated, as this is the first time I will be towing my JK. Thanks!

Weekend Warrior
    Could be cheaper to get a set of junk rims and tires from craigslist that way you don't have to deal with getting your own straps.
    2007 2 door

Steve, are you renting a tow dolly where just the two front tires get strapped down or a full tow trailer? If just a two wheel tow dolly I have a set of two wheels/tires you could use, they're old rubicon's with a little tread. You could hang onto them for a while as we run thru SC a couple times a year and I could grab them the next time we're thru.
    2014 Granite JKURX
    2014 Granite Cherokee Latitude (Wife's)
    2013 Black JKUR - Traded for X
    2012 Black JKU Sahara - Traded for JKUR
    1999 Grand Cherokee - Gone
    1995 Grand Cherokee - Gone
    1987 Cherokee - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by omgyay View Post
    Could be cheaper to get a set of junk rims and tires from craigslist that way you don't have to deal with getting your own straps.
    I was thinking of that as well. I have my OEM rims and I was thinking of stopping at a tire shop and asking for some throw aways. It might be a possibility. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by CG07SUT View Post
    Steve, are you renting a tow dolly where just the two front tires get strapped down or a full tow trailer? If just a two wheel tow dolly I have a set of two wheels/tires you could use, they're old rubicon's with a little tread. You could hang onto them for a while as we run thru SC a couple times a year and I could grab them the next time we're thru.
    I'm renting a full trailer. I might take you up on your offer. That way I only need to find two junk tires and have them mounted on my OEM rims. I'm trying to get everything finalized this week, so I will let you know. Thanks for the offer.