Tires: 37" ko2
    Lift: teraflex 3" with quick discos
    Winch: yes
    Rock sliders: yes
    Other: various bits here and there
    Likes: Rocks and mud and dirt and sand, anything but pavement haha
    Dislikes: pavement
    Previous FF: 1
    Tow legged passengers: 2, fiance Lisa and Son Zachary (6 years old)
    Four legged passengers: possibly 1, Logan 5 month german shepherd
    Accommodations: camping off site
    FRS: no, hand held CB yes, handheld radios yes.

Looking forward to freak fest, last year was a blast. See you all soon!

New JK Freak
    Sorry it took awhile for me to reply, I couldn't remember my login info lol.
    I will have full recovery gear, complete first aid kit, and plenty of tools. Hopefully someone is bringing spare axle shafts though, I had one and can't find it.
    Looking forward to meeting everyone. See you all Saturday.

New JK Freak
    Slider (Larry), you will be surprised how much a bone stock wrangler with KM1 tires can do! Careful line selection is key!

New JK Freak
    Hey Greg! What badge of honor trail are you thinking of doing? We can probably all do crawlers ridge safely with the bypass.

So it looks like all of us will have FRS radios. If you have a handheld radio, PLEASE make sure you bring extra batteries or you have a charger for the Jeep.

2014 Black JK Sport-icon - My "Lil' Mule"
    JCR Offroad | Rock Krawler | Barnes 4WD | Artec | RCV | Ten Factory
    My Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Onebad16jku View Post
    Hey Greg! What badge of honor trail are you thinking of doing? We can probably all do crawlers ridge safely with the bypass.
    There's a really tame one I ran a few years ago, trail #11. All of us can run that trail with no problems. I'm open to running Crawler Ridge (blue) as well. I've run it before and a stock Jeep could run it with the right line. The other BOH trail is Crawl Daddy (I ran that one last year as well) but it's a Red and is off limits for this group.

I'm going to be out there Thursday morning running some of these trails to figure out where I want to run. We have a really small group, so if we pick some more challenging stuff, we have plenty of time to get everyone through it.

I'm excited for this year. It's going to be a BLAST!

My Build Thread

Question for those that have done previous Freak Fests ... what are the logistics to start the day? Is there a long line to pay member and park fees ... can these be paid in advance or online? As we enter the park, are there guides to direct us to our groups? Any hints to help speed things along? Thx.

When you arrive Saturday morning, there should be event staff helping direct Jeeps. Our groups line up to the left as you come into the main parking lot. Just find my Jeep and pull in behind. I may rearrange you depending on what recovery gear you have.

There can be a long line to pay the fees. They cannot be paid in advance or online. But it really is no big deal. We'll get through it in plenty of time.

Here's a hint: be patient. There will be guide meetings I have to attend and we will also have a group meeting before hand.

My Build Thread

For those that are arriving Friday afternoon or earlier, I's like to meet up for dinner at a place in town. If we get there early enough, we might not have to wait very long.

Please send me a text to 216-503-6027 with your name and forum name and I'll send out the address and a time. If you can make it, great. If not, no worries.

My Build Thread

New JK Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by ShutterBug View Post
    There's a really tame one I ran a few years ago, trail #11. All of us can run that trail with no problems. I'm open to running Crawler Ridge (blue) as well. I've run it before and a stock Jeep could run it with the right line. The other BOH trail is Crawl Daddy (I ran that one last year as well) but it's a Red and is off limits for this group.

I'm going to be out there Thursday morning running some of these trails to figure out where I want to run. We have a really small group, so if we pick some more challenging stuff, we have plenty of time to get everyone through it.

I'm excited for this year. It's going to be a BLAST!
    Small groups are the best groups! Cool, last year we ran 11 and crawlers ridge but no one told us until after to check in to get a badge lol. If like to at least get 1 this year. Crawlers wasn't bad at all. I was on 285s (basically a 32.5" tire) and made it no problem. One guy got stuck on a stump at the top of the bypass, I'm bringing a chainsaw just in case. Would have saved a lot of time last year haha.
    We are heading up Friday afternoon, but we have to pass through the crap hole traffic of NYC, camping so we need to set up camp. I will try and make it to dinner though.
    Never been on crawl daddy, but I've heard it = carnage if you're not careful. Looks like we have a good group of folks. I never got my bump stops 100% sorted in the front, probably will be driving home with fenders in the trunk! Haha