Jeepers Delivering Toys to Children in Local Hospitals – 4th Annual JKFreaks.com Toy

December 10, 2016

Cleveland, Ohio – It’s the most wonderful time of the year and with the holiday spirit high, and a mission to spread joy to kids in unfortunate situations, JKFreaks.com in partnership with 4 Wheel Parts Cleveland and Lake County Off-Road have collected and distributed toys to children in local hospitals during the Annual JKFreaks.com Toy Run.

The 4th Annual JKFreaks.com Toy Run was a huge success. Jeepers met at 4 Wheel Parts Cleveland early in the morning adding toys to the central collection box in the store. “We have been happy to serve as a central collection site for the event ever since they started doing this in 2013” said Scott Wilbert, store manager of 4 Wheel Parts Cleveland.

After some donuts and mingling, the toys were divided up into three piles and loaded in the Jeeps destined for three local hospitals. The caravan of 15 Jeeps made their way to stop one: Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital Rehabilitation Center. Here the group got to hear about the programs, patients and had the opportunity to meet young patients and hand deliver a small toy for the very young and gift cards for the teenagers. The hospital’s staff provided an excellent guided tour of the facility.

Stop two and three were Cleveland Clinic Children’s at Clinic’s main campus and UH Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital. Both of these facilities see the sickest of the sick patients and so visiting with the kids is not possible during the winter months. Both hospitals however expressed extreme gratitude and told the group how much the donations mean to the young patients stuck in the hospitals during the holidays. The donations also serve as birthday gifts throughout the year.

By 1PM, the work was done and it was time to celebrate over lunch and do what us Jeepers do best: Talk Jeep! Buffalo Wild Wings down the road on Cedar provided the perfect space to fuel up, get to know one another better and most importantly, thank everyone for the efforts in making another Toy Run successful.

Thank you to our friends and families who donated, 4 Wheel Parts for helping with the collection and promotion of the event and Lake County Off-Road for joining in the effort and donating $400 dollars in toys from the club. Together we collected and delivered an estimated $3,000 dollars in toys and gift cards!

Written by: Jonny Zula. Photo Credit: T.J. Powell, Maureen H, Joe M

Senior Moderator

Great Job!!! way to represent
    [COLOR="#000000"][B][U]Hi I am Craig
    Retired USAF, Currently Store Manager NAPA
    Generally just a Crusty ole Smart Arse
    2017 Plumb Crazy

who is this Wilbert guy?
    Best way to contact me is at cle@4wheelparts.com

Driving his wife's Jeep
    Great job!!! Sorry I missed it.
    RubiXcon
    No matter what you have, there is ALWAYS a better way to do it.
    My build thread- http://www.jkfreaks.com/forums/showt...ld-up-of-JKarl

Quote Originally Posted by Wilber View Post
    who is this Wilbert guy?
    lolz

2014 Black JK Sport-icon - My "Lil' Mule"
    JCR Offroad | Rock Krawler | Barnes 4WD | Artec | RCV | Ten Factory
    My Build Thread