85 CJ-7

RED Friday (Remember Everyone Deployed)

My YouTube https://m.youtube.com/user/CJ7nvrstk

New JK Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by ECHO View Post
    Good job .. looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk View Post
    What he said!
    Thanks guys! I know its not the almighty 1 ton and 40's build. With some recent life events though, this thread will get more interesting.

New JK Freak
    Got my winch wired and started spooling in the line and found aluminum shavings all through my winch tray I'm assuming from the motor coupler. I don't know how though. Get all but 10 feet wound in, and it quits. Now I have a rebuilt winch with something wrong inside and a crapped out solenoid. At least I have my new TRE Safety Thimble II on and new line. I mean it will look cool right? That's all that matters.

New JK Freak
    We had an awesome time at Rock Run yesterday. One tube buggy punched a hole in his rear diff cover, the other buggy folded a control arm and dropped his driveshaft. One built TJ broke both axle side front upper control arm bolts. My damage was nothing to keep me from driving home but I will have some work to do. Driver side axle seal is bad on the front. Could be bent housing but I'm not too worried as it will be replace this winter. The rear diff cover had been drug over one too many rocks and now has a quarter inch gap between the housing and cover. I'm also getting all of my lights flashing and gauges dying on my dash which I believe is a ground. I grounded my winch solenoid box to the post beside the PCM and I have read of a bad/loose PCM ground causing that. Now the jeep gets cleaned up and parked for the winter.

New JK Freak
    Resolved my electrical issue and got my winch working. Very stupid mistake. Ground wire fell out of the connector to the grounding post and was grounding to the outside of the PCM.

New JK Freak

New JK Freak
    Thread over. I am done with that jeep. I'm in a new toy now. I'll be back in a jeep after my house is built.
    Final photo (despite her smile, we both already miss the jeep)

What?

Hope it doesn't take too long!
    11 JKU
    85 CJ-7

RED Friday (Remember Everyone Deployed)

My YouTube https://m.youtube.com/user/CJ7nvrstk

New JK Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk View Post
    What?

Hope it doesn't take too long!
    I guess it's only going to take about 6 months. I love my WRX but I hate it at the same time. Everywhere I go, I'm passing and speeding like a lunatic. It's just too easy to go fast. I hate not having enough ground clearance to keep from dragging on some driveways. I modded the car but just put it back to stock today and it'll be going to a dealership within the next week or two.

New JK Freak
    Five and a half months. My WRX lasted five months I should have never left. The Anvil JK is now mine.