Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    New JK Freak

Brutus - 2 door JK

Some of this will be catching up since I was having issues with another forum and gave up on getting my account back.
    I decided after a rusty TJ and rotted brake lines on my Toyota pickup that I needed something worth building. Not long after my 19th birthday I started figuring out what I wanted and that was a new JK. Now I regret what I bought but at the time I was happy as can be.
    Here I am, August 1, 2014

The Jeep was done by Kenny Hauk, the guy that did the big airplane 4 door JK or whatever it was for SEMA and also built the first Hellcat JK. He owns River Raider and frankly, I'm disappointed. The Jeep looked cool on the lot but after sitting down and thinking about it, I regret spending the extra money over sticker price for this. I ended up removing almost everything he put on it and am still in the process of doing so.

It came with
    River Raider tube fenders
    River Raider rear bumper with tire carrier and reverse lights
    River Raider front bumper and fog lights
    River Raider sliders
    Daystar 1.75" spacer lift
    Ultra X105 Wheels
    Fierce Attitude 35x12.50 tires
    Clear turn signal lenses
    and the best part.... and autographed dash in Sharpie that was fun to remove.

Only a couple short weeks later I took it to break it in on the trails at Rock Run in Patton, PA. (She only had about 800 miles on the odometer when I went) Oops!

The Jeep currently sits like this:

Mopar Kicker speakers
    AEV DualSport 2.5" Lift/Bilstein 5100's
    AEV ProCal
    Cut Stock Flares
    River Raider Rock sliders
    1" Daystar Coil spacer
    JKS Front Quicker Disconnect
    JKS Adjustable Rear Swaybar links
    Ultra X105 Wheels
    35/12.50r17 Goodyear MTR/k
    GenRight Aluminum Stubby front bumper
    Warn M-8000 w/Synthetic
    Offroad Evolution D ring tabs
    Offroad Evolution Aluminum rear fascia
    Offraod Evolution Oil pan skid
    Old Man Emu Steering stabilizer bracket
    Drake Off Road hood latches
    Marathon Seat Covers (Mossy Oak Snow)
    ACE License Plate Bracket
    Vector UFO's
    Uniden CB Radio

Next to come build plans:
    West Texas Offroad Hydro Ram Assist
    Viar OBA
    Front 44
    Regear

Long term build plans are:
    Small stretch 2" front 3" rear
    39" Krawlers
    Superduty 60 & Sterling 10.5
    Full custom cage
    Rubicon T-case
    Beadlocks (KMC Machete)
    Last edited by thereich; 11-03-2016 at 12:52 AM.

Ahh I think I figured out which forum lol

Welcome and nice looking jeep !
    2015 JKUR
    JCR bumper
    Mce fenders
    Evo leveling kit
    35 inch Km2

New JK Freak
    Took a few poser shots with my Pickup which I really miss. I sold it for some reason and just drove the jeep every day. The Yota had 3" lift and 31" MTR/k

I then decided that the spacer lift wasn't working for me so I ordered an AEV 2.5" Dualsport lift with the Monotubes (Bils) and an EVO off road oil pan skid from Northridge. Also got some JKS discos and OME steering stabilizer relocation bracket.

Lift instal with a buddy of mine. Pretty straight forward. Only hiccup was front passenger shock was impossible to get an allen key in the top so we made our own little tool by welding a small piece of allen key onto 1" flat bar stock so it was slim enough to fit on top.
    Before:

After:

Lt. Dan

I think it gave me 3.5+" until the springs settled a little. I knew it rode much higher than the 1.75".

Shortly after the lift instal I went on another wheeling trip to Rock Run but being without a second vehicle, I decided to ride shotgun with others and let the jeep sit in the parking lot. Here are a few of the guys I am normally with. The guy with the white exo XJ runs his own shop (Redneck Fab) and does some amazing work and has done work for almost everyones jeep around.

Heres another shot of Dougs Cherokee 'Overkill'

New JK Freak
    Around this time I decided I needed another DD and picked up a little XJ. It ended up sitting in my garage for nearly a year in pieces while trying to get heater to work and install 3" lift.

I also got my Marathon seat covers after about 8 weeks. Man they are expensive and take forever to get, but if you are in the market for some quality waterproof seat covers, check them out.

Then I decided I wanted to lighten up the jeep by removing RROR overly heavy bumpers and sold the rear for enough to buy new front and rear bumpers. I sold the front for some cash and 4 new JK wheels/tires to put on the cherokee.

Off with this heap

The new goods.

Removal of the old RROR front was a treat. I would never have expected such a "high quality" shop to torch holes in the frame horns because their studs to mount the bumper were so far off. I started to pull the telephone pole over so we had to use a dead-blow to help beat it off.

On with the new I ended up going with GenRight aluminum stubby and EVO rear D rings and aluminum facia plate.

We had to trim the rear frame rails a little so the D ring tabs would sit flush. Easy peasy with a Metabo

The parents bought me some Drake hood latches for Christmas and I'm proud to say that this is the only money that they have into my Jeep. They have always helped me with a lot of my hobbies but this one I am doing on my own.
    I also picked up a new toy. I grew up racing pretty much every weekend from the time I was 4 until I got my drivers license and girls became a priority. I went to MMI down in Orlando after high school so I was bikeless for some time. Always rode red, always will!

Also picked up a like new soft top since I was sick of worrying about smashing the hard top during wheeling, I later sold the hard top and received a free soft top from the guy who purchased it. Today, I sold that soft top for an extra 300 bones

New JK Freak
    Since then, no major mods have really been done to my Jeep. I bought and sold a Polaris RZR and sold the dirt bike. I talked my dad into joining the Jeep world and threw together a nice TJ Rubi for him. He is now addicted as well and understands my Jeep mentality. Eat. Sleep. Jeep.

I made one more wheeling trip showing some Toyotas around Rock Run and just have been racking up miles driving Brutus to work.

Right now I am supposedly going to be getting a new job which will allow the Jeep to go back into build mode and things will be changed.
    The list goes:
    Winch
    PR44U
    MTR/k in the 37" flavor
    custom control arms
    drive shafts
    Steering components including DIY hydro assist
    Last edited by thereich; 07-02-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Real nice looking rig. Great build!

2014 Black JK Sport-icon - My "Lil' Mule"
    JCR Offroad | Rock Krawler | Barnes 4WD | Artec | RCV | Ten Factory
    My Build Thread

New JK Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGoose View Post
    Ahh I think I figured out which forum lol

Welcome and nice looking jeep !
    Quote Originally Posted by ShutterBug View Post
    Real nice looking rig. Great build!
    Thank you guys! I've got the simple stuff out of the way. If I land this job, big stuff will be happening. I have one thing that will help that Tuesday.

New JK Freak
    Well I didn't end up getting a car like I had hoped. BUT I did manage to pick up some factory fenders in excellent shape for $80. I also found an older model Warn M8000. It came on a hitch receiver mount and has some 3/8" ebay synthetic line on it. The line and hawse fairlead is brand new and I have plenty of friends with side by sides so I'm sure I can get $25 out of it. I'll list the mount on craigslist and hopefully sell it for something. Hopefully I can get enough back from the stuff I won't use to cover the parts I'm going to get to rebuild it. It functions just fine now but I figured I might as well do some maintenance since it could be 10? 15? years old. Oh the winch was a sweet $260. He wanted $300 but I refuse to pay asking price on anything.

Tomorrow I have a Jeep to wash, oil to change, strip down the winch, and wait for new fender clips. A buddy is also bringing over his purple 2016 JKU so we can get it lifted. I believe it has about 60 miles on it so that will be nice

New JK Freak
    Okay Dana Spicer has their Ultimate 44 and I'm trying to find why I should spend $1000 more for Dynatrac. Corrected caster, 5/16 tubes, heavier CA mounts, and thicker C's. Yes it's a factory locker but I was planning to go e locker regardless. I know everyone swears by the strength of their Dynatrac and Tera 44's but if this means I can save $1000 and still get damn near the same strength product I think I will go that route.

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Drivetrain-J...=D%2fS10010521

Huh, I didn't even know about that axle. I guess if you're happy with that locker and the OEM ball joints and hubs, it's a good option. Funny that they don't say anything about beefing up the C's.
    Last edited by tslewisz; 07-10-2016 at 08:25 PM.