Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry AR Build!

Finally grabbed some alright photos so I thought I would start my build thread! I have a bunch of parts on the way, which are listed in my signature, so I may be posting a bit in here pretty soon!

This was the day I got it, a month or so ago. Since then I did all the small stuff that I usually do whenever I get to start a new build on whatever car it may be. Cool white lights all around, painted the antenna black, little stuff like that. The plate 'FRSH' was transferred from my previous car, a 2013 FRS. It didn't fit the rig so I changed that asap.

Today I went and found a good deal on a hard top, got it home and cleaned it up and then took the decal off. The lime green was giving me ideas though, I thought it looked pretty good against the black!

Last edited by AR13; 11-30-2015 at 11:06 AM.
    2015 Black JKU - Build Thread
    2019 White Jeep Compass Limited - The grocery getter

Super JK Freak
    Looks good, look identical to mine when I first bought it. I had to paint my factory wheels this was before it was a option.
    2013 JKU Black sport 37s on Rockstar 2, Quadratec 3.5 lift springs, bilstein 5100, cut fenders, pypes hgc exhaust, bestop NX, spiderweb shades

97 Red TJ TF BB on JK Rubi take-offs

Thanks man, the black wheels from the factory are definitely nice. Didn't have to break out the paint lol

Senior Moderator

Looking Good!
    Hi I am Craig
    Retired USAF, Currently Service Manager at a Dodge/Chrysler JEEP & Ram Dealership
    Generally just a Crusty ole Smart Arse
    2018 JKU RUBICON RECON EDITION

Quote Originally Posted by ECHO View Post
    Looking Good!
    Thanks Craig!

In preparation for some subdued flags from PixelDecals I peeled off my Sport decals this weekend and put a little elbow grease into getting rid of the pesky adhesive. I used my heat gun to get the edge started and then peeled them off. After that I used automotive goo-gone on the rest of the adhesive that was left over and then polished it out.

I was visiting my dad and it started snowing (his truck in the back)...

I've been working on the AR a little each day after work, here are some progress photos until I can grab some better shots!

I waited until I received my headlights, led fogs, light bar, angry eyes, and grill inserts so I could take the bumper off and do it all at the same time.

50 cal bullet antenna,

Kicker tweeters (also put a pair of 6.5"s in the dash and sound bar),

Cobra 29 LX with built-in NOAA radio receiver for weather and emergency alerts, I paired this with a Wilson Trucker 2000 49" whip with 10" base mounted on the Rugged Ridge spare tire mount. SWR tuning has been a challenge with the antenna back there because there is no ground plane. I also fabricated a whip tie down that I will try to get some pictures of later,
    Last edited by AR13; 04-06-2017 at 08:32 AM.

Replaced the two rectangle lights with a bar to match the windshield and I like it a lot better. I also wired up my Rugged Ridge a-pillar switch kit. Threw in a fun video of me winding the whip that I ran through my dash and the switches in action! Now I need to find uses for the other three, I'm sure it won't take long.

Wiring is fun! (video - click for full size)

Video of the switches in action (click for full size)

Senior Moderator

Looking good!!
    Hi I am Craig
    Retired USAF, Currently Service Manager at a Dodge/Chrysler JEEP & Ram Dealership
    Generally just a Crusty ole Smart Arse
    2018 JKU RUBICON RECON EDITION

Sweet! I wish I had the tweeter setup that came in 2015. The raised pods in the 07-14 look weird, direct the sound too harshly (especially for a tweeter) and limit the types of replacement tweeters you can use.