Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Amazon Find - LED Eagle Eye Lights

Hey all,
    Ran across these yesterday on Amazon, am thinking about adding some to my rear bumper for backup lights. Would also be good for rock lights, $19 might be worth trying out.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MVMRS6O/...O32GJPAE&psc=1

They do work good for Rock lights i put the 9 watt ones in last year. Theres a 10 watt version tho that has a larger lense and better dispersion pattern.
    they are $2 each
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-10W-Eagle...0e80dc&vxp=mtr

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140329_225003.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	50976

Just might have to pull the trigger on these. If they don't work for what I want, I'm out less than $20.

how are you guys wiring them up?
    2013 Rock Lobster Wrangler Unlimited Sport - Smittybilt SRC rockslider steps and much more to come as money allows.

^ the wiring is the tedious part i used 16 gauge speaker wire (about 40 ft) started at one corner of the jeep, ran the wire along the top side of the frame all the way around, hooking each light up in parallel (soldered, heatshrinked each connection) i drilled holes in the body mounts to place per side 3 on the side and 1 in the rear, then 1 in the front bumper facing back, and one off the side of the turn signal facing down. 10 amp cicuit, running off a relay

Here's a buddy's jeep with the 10 watt eagle eyes. Being Lifted helps also with the dispersion effect.

Chips,dips,chains & whips Casamtb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Hey all,
    Ran across these yesterday on Amazon, am thinking about adding some to my rear bumper for backup lights. Would also be good for rock lights, $19 might be worth trying out.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MVMRS6O/...O32GJPAE&psc=1
    I have these tapped into the reverse wiring on my JK. Have had them on through 2 CLE winters and they've worked great. I was going to put them in the bumper, but then decide to place them in the existing screw holes for the stock light mount. Just drilled out the existing holes to size and retapped the plastic, sealed it all up thoroughly. Soldered and liquid taped everything. I was thinking of using the same set up to do rock lights this summer. After my experience with them so far it's a no-brainer.

Name:	reverse1.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	50980Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reverse2.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	50981

Super JK Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by Casamtb View Post
    I have these tapped into the reverse wiring on my JK. Have had them on through 2 CLE winters and they've worked great. I was going to put them in the bumper, but then decide to place them in the existing screw holes for the stock light mount. Just drilled out the existing holes to size and retapped the plastic, sealed it all up thoroughly. Soldered and liquid taped everything. I was thinking of using the same set up to do rock lights this summer. After my experience with them so far it's a no-brainer.

Name:	reverse1.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	50980Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reverse2.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	50981
    You should do a write up I'd love to do that it's so clean at first I was like what am I looking at then I seen them
    2013 JKU Black sport 37s on Rockstar 2, Quadratec 3.5 lift springs, bilstein 5100, cut fenders, pypes hgc exhaust, bestop NX, spiderweb shades

97 Red TJ TF BB on JK Rubi take-offs

Chips,dips,chains & whips Casamtb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muddyman184 View Post
    You should do a write up I'd love to do that it's so clean at first I was like what am I looking at then I seen them
    I will. Give me a day or two

Quote Originally Posted by muddyman184 View Post
    Ha! Same here! Looks great. Next mini project for sure!
    New to Jeeps but looking forward to going all in!