Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flat vs Curved LED Bars

Having a hard time finding info about this...maybe not looking for the right words...

Is there really any difference between a 50" flat and curved led light bar? If you have either one can you post up pics of them turned on looking out the driver seat...want to see a comparison between the 2. Thanks
    It's just in low gear!

The curved bar will arch the light slightly... but honestly... its so much light whether its curved or not doesn't really matter.

I have a 50" straight bar 300watt:

Headlights only:

10" LED bar in my front bumper. I have it pointed down so I can use it as a fog light if I need to and not blind oncoming traffic:

50" LED dual row 300watt. I was standing next to the drivers door when I took this. The parking lot is roughly the size of a football field.
    Last edited by darkknight1999; 01-01-2015 at 02:08 PM.
    "If you're not going to do a job right, either because you're lazy or you just don't know how... then don't touch it, because then someone else has to clean up the mess you made, just ask for help. There is always someone willing to help out fellow Jeepers."

How-to-build-a-custom-molded-fiberglass-upper-windshield-trim-SPod
    darkknight1999-Build-thread
    -John
    07 JKUR
    KCCO

Thats what I was thinking. Couldn't be that much a diff. Wonder if the curved ones whistle like the flat ones.
    It's just in low gear!

From what I understand they all do. Its very easy to stop them from whistling though. This is all I did:

I bought door trim molding:
    "If you're not going to do a job right, either because you're lazy or you just don't know how... then don't touch it, because then someone else has to clean up the mess you made, just ask for help. There is always someone willing to help out fellow Jeepers."

-John
    07 JKUR
    KCCO

Soy un perdedor

The curved will not look right on a JK. You'd also have a tough time finding a proper mount.

Sent via Wonkavision
    I just saw three people jogging outside my window and it inspired me... to get up and close the blinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    The curved will not look right on a JK. You'd also have a tough time finding a proper mount.

Sent via Wonkavision
    Agreed!

-John
    07 JKUR
    KCCO

MallCrawler
    I've seen a few JKs with curves ones and IMO it does not look bad. Hardly tell they are curved. Crawler conceptz makes mounts for them.

http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-12799...163_1279921430

Soy un perdedor

That's not a CC mount. It's Baja Designs. The mounts are not referenced in the post. Checked Baja's website and while they do show the light bar, there's no mention of the mount.
    If their standard mounts do work you're looking at almost $2,400 for the bar and mounts. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smiley-shocked019.gif 
Views:	104 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	50066

I don't need a curved light that bad.
    I just saw three people jogging outside my window and it inspired me... to get up and close the blinds.

Sent via Wonkavision
    50" Cree curved bar. I used rough country mounts. Fit up ok.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	50067

MallCrawler
    That's not a CC mount. It's Baja Designs. The mounts are not referenced in the post. Checked Baja's website and while they do show the light bar, there's no mention of the mount.
    If their standard mounts do work you're looking at almost $2,400 for the bar and mounts. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smiley-shocked019.gif 
Views:	104 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	50066

I don't need a curved light that bad.
    OK I just pulled it straight from crawler conceptz. The teamed up with a light company to make a curved light bar and they made mounts for it. Price is $1600 for both. But hey what do I know.