MyGig Radio Codes and Information

Just an FYI for anyone who has a MyGig with Anti-Theft. If you get a different head unit and get rid of your MyGig, you'll need a security code for it's next owner. It will ask for the code when you plug it in and turn it on the first time. Here's how to get it:

Go to the dealership...
    Find someone who has access to the "Dealer Connect" website's MyGig security link...
    Give them the VIN, MyGig serial number and model number...
    The computer will give you the code...

Some dealerships either don't know about this, don't have access, or don't care to look.

And ...for educational purposes I found the below:

MyGIG Radios.......Explained!

The MyGIG radio was introduced back in 2007 with the Jeep Wrangler. The system was ahead of it's time and offered customers a ton of features compared to other "plain Jane" radios introduced by Daimler Chrysler's competitors. Yes, Lexus/Acura/Infinity had some pretty cool radios but Chrysler was the first of the "Big 3" domestic manufacturers to reveal a the high tech touch-screen radio platform. Listed below are the different generations of MyGIG radios manufactured by Harman Becker (HB) and Mitsubishi Electric (ME). Use the data below as food-for-thought, maybe this will give you the confidence to talk-the-talk with your local Chrysler parts department and teach them a thing or two!

Yes, we stock most of the radios you see below!

MyGIG radios run on two different Bus systems, a low-speed computer Bus system (CAN-B) and a high-speed computer Bus system (CAN-C). MyGIG radios designed for a high-speed electrical bus will not work on a vehicle with a low-speed bus, and vice versa.

2007-2010 MyGIG 730N Navigation

RER - Featuring North American maps by Navteq. Manufactured by HB. The 2007 model was released with buggy application firmware and the 20GB Hitachi hard drives that are now notorious to crash. In 2008 HB replaced the HDD with a more reliable Samsung 30GB, the application firmware and map database were now a lot easier to use. In 2009 HB added the "iPod integration" feature which allowed users to connect a Mopar iPod integration cable to the system to relay audio, control the iPod from the touch-screen display, and charge the iPod device simultaneously. In 2010 HB didn't make many changes to the main board, just firmware updates. In 2011 HB started to slowly phase out the RER platform only releasing minimal quantities made for high speed CAN-C vehicles & the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. All RER radios feature built-in UConnect hands-free, Sirius satellite radio, and Sirius Traffic.

REW - Featuring European maps by Navteq. Manufactured by HB. The 2007 model was released with buggy application firmware and the 20GB Hitachi hard drives that are now notorious to crash. In 2008 HB replaced the HDD with a more reliable Samsung 30GB, the application firmware and map database were now a lot easier to use. In 2009 HB added the "iPod integration" feature which allowed users to connect a Mopar iPod integration cable to the system to relay audio, control the iPod from the touch-screen display, and charge the iPod device simultaneously. In 2010 HB didn't make many changes to the main board, just firmware updates. In 2011 HB started to slowly phase out the REW platform only releasing minimal quantities made for high speed CAN-C vehicles & the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Features built-in UConnect hands-free. Requires a 4-digit antitheft code.

REP - Featuring South Africa, Middle East "GCC", Australia, and New Zealand maps by Navteq. Manufactured by HB. The 2007 model was released with buggy application firmware and the 20GB Hitachi hard drives that are now notorious to crash. In 2008 HB replaced the HDD with a more reliable Samsung 30GB, the application firmware and map database were now a lot easier to use. In 2009 HB added the "iPod integration" feature which allowed users to connect a Mopar iPod integration cable to the system to relay audio, control the iPod from the touch-screen display, and charge the iPod device simultaneously. In 2010 HB didn't make many changes to the main board, just firmware updates. In 2011 HB started to slowly phase out the REP platform only releasing minimal quantities made for high speed CAN-C vehicles & the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Features built-in UConnect hands-free. Requires a 4-digit antitheft code.

2008-2009 MyGIG 430 Non-Navigation

REN - Designed for North America. Manufactured by HB. Early 2008 models featured a 20GB HDD. 2009 models featured a more reliable 30GB Samsung HDD. The REN was released in two different platforms, one featured integrated Sirius satellite radio and the other did not.

REZ - Designed for ROW (rest of world, export). Manufactured by HB. Early 2008 models featured a 20GB HDD. 2009 models featured a more reliable 30GB Samsung HDD. Requires a 4-digit antitheft code.

2010-2013 MyGIG 430 Non-Navigation

RBZ - Designed for North America. Replaced the REN in 2010, manufactured by ME. 2010 & 2011 models are nearly identical. 2012 models began requiring an antitheft code to operate in a donor vehicle. 2013 models introduced a darker background designed to reduce eye strain. The RBZ was released in two different platforms, one featured integrated Sirius satellite radio and the other did not.

RB2 - Designed for ROW (rest of world, export). Replaced the REZ in 2010, manufactured by ME. 2010 - 2012 models are nearly identical. 2013 models introduced a darker background designed to reduce eye strain. Requires a 4-digit antitheft code.

2011-2013 MyGIG 430N Navigation

RHB - Featuring North American maps by Garmin. Manufactured by ME. The 430N is Chrysler Group's entry level navigation radio platform. 2010 & 2011 models are nearly identical. 2012 models began requiring an antitheft code to operate in a donor vehicle. 2013 models introduced a darker background designed to reduce eye strain. The RHB was released in two different platforms, one featured integrated Sirius satellite radio including Sirius Travel Link and the other did not.

2011-2013 MyGIG 730N Navigation

RHR - Featuring North American maps by Navteq. Manufactured by HB. The 730N is Chrysler Group's premium level navigation radio platform. The 2011 model was released with the 30GB Samsung HDD with two rear USB inputs, the later years consolidated to one USB input. The 2012-2013 models are nearly identical featuring a 40GB Hitachi HDD and requiring an antitheft code to operate in a donor vehicle. All RHR radios feature built-in UConnect hands-free, A2DP (Bluetooth Streaming Audio), Sirius satellite radio, Sirius Traffic, and Sirius Travel Link.

RHW - Featuring European maps by Navteq. Manufactured by HB. The 730N is Chrysler Group's premium level navigation radio platform. The 2011 model was released with the 30GB Samsung HDD with two rear USB inputs, the later years consolidated to one USB input. The 2012-2013 models are nearly identical featuring a 40GB Hitachi HDD. All RHW models require an antitheft code to operate in a donor vehicle. Features built-in UConnect hands-free and A2DP (Bluetooth Streaming Audio).

RHP - Featuring South Africa, Middle East "GCC", Australia, and New Zealand maps by Navteq. Manufactured by HB. The 730N is Chrysler Group's premium level navigation radio platform. The 2011 model was released with the 30GB Samsung HDD with two rear USB inputs, the later years consolidated to one USB input. The 2012-2013 models are nearly identical featuring a 40GB Hitachi HDD. All RHP models require an antitheft code to operate in a donor vehicle. Features built-in UConnect hands-free and A2DP (Bluetooth Streaming Audio).
    Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has Them!! ~ River City Offroad

Adrenaline Offroad ~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!!

New JK Freak

I can get MyGIG codes if anyone needs them..

I can get all Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep radio codes in needed... Just PM me
    Last edited by MoparTech; 03-05-2018 at 01:10 PM.

New JK Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by MoparTech View Post
    I can get all Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep radio codes in needed... Request me http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert...ch77/?rpt=3800
    MoparTech

How can I request you if needed. I purchased a RBZ radio and possibly need the code. It came out a Town and Country.

New JK Freak
    PM me

MallCrawler
    PM me
    Just wondering, are you a Technician at a dealership? If so, are you using their equipment (computers, internet provider, etc) to get the codes?

New JK Freak
    I tried to send you a pm but it would not go through.

New JK Freak
    Hey, I seen your post about being able to help with getting the anti theft code. Can you help me? I tired sending a private message.

Vehicle Vin # 1C4BJWFG9DL547804

Model No. P0591338AC A

Serial Number T 00 AM 223 2 T0229

Date Code 2232

Thank you!

New JK Freak
    Howdy,

I recently was given a my gig rbz from my buddy whos jeep was totaled. I plan to install it this weekend but need the code obviously. Is there anyway you can help me? Tried to pm you also and it says your full.

model number: P05091309AE

serial number: T00AM1114T0023

My jeeps VIN is 1C4BJWDG6GL227251

Let me know if theres anything else you need?

Thanks!

2014 Black JK Sport-icon - My "Lil' Mule"
    JCR Offroad | Rock Krawler | Barnes 4WD | Artec | RCV | Ten Factory
    My Build Thread

New JK Freak
    I can get all Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep radio codes in needed... Just PM me
    Hi,
    Just tried to send you a PM, but it seems you have exceeded the quota