Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I hesitated airing down on our last trip because I have nitro fills. I think there were a couple obstacles that I could have taken on with no issues if I had done it. When I bought my JK, it came with Nitro fills so I really don't know the benefit of having them. Is it worth it when you are airing down and then paying who knows how much to get them refilled with nitrogen? Curious to see what you guys think.

To add to that, my hubby just has a HF compressor in his jeep that he refills with before we leave. We plan to build a big box on our trailer to keep it in at some point.
    10JKU \ˈka-tə-ləst\ (OlllllllO) JeepGirl!

Nitrogen is like this....it 'seeps' through the tires less easily and isn't as subject to temperature swings as regular air. If it's free and not an inconvenience then why not go with nitro? But- if it's in the least bit out of your way (as mine was)- just go regular air. Locally they charge $25 to fill the tires with nitro.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
    2010 Mango Tango 2dr on 33" STT's plus bumpers- no more, no less.

New JK Freak
    I'm a big fan of my buddies CO2 tank I've been using, only problem is I emptied it the other night at work with a flat trailer tire and I've been too lazy to get it filled so now I have no air source. So today after wheeling I'll be doing the 25 mile ride back to town on 12psi like I used to do. It's never been a problem and I have done it too many times to count.

I have the regulator but I'm having trouble finding a 20lb tank for a reasonable price.
    2007 JKU X w/ 4.10's
    4 inch Rough Country
    315/75r16 Treadwrights on Black Rock wheels
    Warrior front bumper, Olympic rear, Rubi rails, ACE sliders
    Rugged Ridge 8500 winch
    Rugged Ridge snorkel
    Hypertech tuner
    Cobra 75 cb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

New JK Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by GOON SQD View Post
    I have the regulator but I'm having trouble finding a 20lb tank for a reasonable price.
    Should be able to just rent one from your local gas shop. Then you don't have to worry about your five year certs. When you bring the empty tank back after your initial fee it's just the refill fee.

I have a Warn PowerPlant HD winch (12k lb winch with a built in compressor). It takes about 3-4 mins per tire to fill up 37" Nitto trail grapplers from 8psi to 28psi. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I have a Warn PowerPlant HD winch (12k lb winch with a built in compressor). It takes about 3-4 mins per tire to fill up 37" Nitto trail grapplers from 8psi to 28psi. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    That's pretty cool
    10JKU \ˈka-tə-ləst\ (OlllllllO) JeepGirl!

JK Freak
    I'm a C02 guy, i have the power tank setup. 250psi regulator, fills up my 35's from 15-30psi in about a minute and a half, tops. I probably get about 5 refils out of a tank.

JK Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullywagon View Post
    I picked up a Smitty built one brand new on amazon for $25!!! It is the one that usually sells for 150.

Having a compressor is great, I air down a lot more knowing I don't have to worry about airing up.
    That was a good day when Amazon screwed up.....the news hit forums coast to coast and hundreds if not thousands were ordered before Amazon knew what hit them. It's proven to be a great compressor, I store mine in a craftsman tool box and used the soft sided case that came with it for recovery gear.
    2012 - JKUR Deep Cherry Red, 3.5 RK X-Factor, Bilstein 5100s, BlackRock D wheels, 37 Nitto Trail GRapplers, Artec Truss, TeraFlex Sleeves, Syenergy Gussets, Je Reel Frnt DS, ORH Cargo Top/Factory Hardtop, Smitty XRC Winch Bumper,Smitty XCR w/Tire Carrier, Evo No Limits Manual Sway Bar Disco.

2000 -XJ, Zone 4.5, 35 MT Baja Claws, Iron Rock front DS/SYE, JCR Winch Bumper.

Muddy Buddy's Member

http://www.endurancetrailers.com/

I just went ahead and put an OBA system on... Easy to fill tires, air mattresses, Soccer balls... what ever.
    Plus the Aluminum tank weighs next to nothing...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130804_0051.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	39278
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130820_001a.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	39279