Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

GoodysGotaCuda - Build Thread

Sorta of a half-way build thread due to it's quite a long way already from where I started. Just figured I'd join the others with a little chronological order to the madness.

My JK was bought in June '09, it was/is my first new vehicle and first 4x4. It's a manual trans Rubicon, soft top only, manual windows, manual locks..no real fluff to it.

I took it out bone stock the second weekend I had it and played in the rocks around Vegas.

It was baptized in the Colorado with paper tags

Shortly after that I picked up a 2.5" Rough Country spacer lift with shock extensions. I wasn't really sure what direction I wanted to go in with it and I figured it was cheap enough to get my feet wet on the rocks.

..Shortly after, ~4k on it, 35s came along. I had pretty much destroyed the factory KMs within a few outings. Cut flares as well..

Not too long after that, I witnessed this mess on a trail in Utah!

I started looking into cages that following weekend! After going back and forth between what was offered at the time, I ended up with an OR-Fab front w/floor mounts and the rear Poly cage [weld-in]

We moved to DFW and I went out a few times still sporting the same budget boost and shock extensions.

Picked up a Smittybilt XRC12 for $200 and a rear Smittybilt XRC rear bumper for $300 to finally get my tire off the tailgate

Finally moved onto some mods worth mentioning, stuff under the Jeep. It's still very basic however. I picked up a Rock Krawler tie rod and drag link. The SS needed to be moved to clear the unflipped RK drag link, so I made a mount to stick it on the driver's side.

Finally swapped in some different springs and some SkyJacker Hydro shocks. I made some mounts to make the most out of them when the rig was put on a forklift.

Got the cage repainted up, some better shots of it.

'09 2dr Rubicon - 6spd | 37s | 4.88s | DIY PSC Ram | OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evan's Beadlocks | + other stuff

FaceBook.com/GoodyOffRoad
    Build Thread

My first mall-crawler mod was some SMART door deals. They really are quite nice to have! Very happy with those little guys, real detents are nice with all the wind in North Texas..and they open wider.

After trading some work for AEV Pintlers, some 37s were thrown on after the worn out 35" KM2s.

..Shortly after that I decided to try my hand with regearing. Swapped out to 4.88s and Ten Factory rear CrMo shafts.

Along came the bug in my ear to play with ram-assist. After lots of research, a friend of mine and I dove into tapping our own boxes and gave it a shot. That's the best thing I've done to my rig to date! [for the $$]

I was able to play along with JKOwners Headlight Shootout and was able to keep a set of Trucklite LEDs. Pretty awesome lights!

Finally I got some crawling time on the Pintlers. Within two outings, I basically destroyed 4 of the 5 wheels, between cracks and bent lips..

So some beadlocks came my way for $150 a pop, and just like that...the Pintlers were gone!

And finally to date stuff..this is my rig with stockish arms on the forklift.

Picked up some Bestop Element Doors
    '09 2dr Rubicon - 6spd | 37s | 4.88s | DIY PSC Ram | OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evan's Beadlocks | + other stuff

Build Thread

Always been one of my favorite builds. Learning as you go ...
    Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has Them!! ~ River City Offroad

Adrenaline Offroad ~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!!

Driving his wife's Jeep
    Nice clean build Goody. It started with humble beginnings and is slowly growing into a homegrown beast. Keep it up.
    RubiXcon
    No matter what you have, there is ALWAYS a better way to do it.
    My build thread- http://www.jkfreaks.com/forums/showt...ld-up-of-JKarl

Nice build! Love the Poison Spyder Customs BFH bumer. Are you running the comp stinger?
    “Stand out from the crowd, be yourself.”
    ― Stephen Richards

Thanks guys, as soon as I can get it done with daily driving duties, I'll jump into the suspension. It's just too hard to try to put what I want under it in a weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by sm_rubi View Post
    Nice build! Love the Poison Spyder Customs BFH bumer. Are you running the comp stinger?
    Yessir, comp stinger.

Build Thread

The latest mod of mine would be swapping out my Rock Krawler over-worked SS mount for a Poly Performance DOM tube clamp with some tabs I welded on. Substantially much better! Thanks to Jason @ Jeepin'Outfitters for the gift certificate for the "Jeep of the Month"!

Build Thread

Supporting Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by goodysgotacuda View Post
    The latest mod of mine would be swapping out my Rock Krawler over-worked SS mount for a Poly Performance DOM tube clamp with some tabs I welded on. Substantially much better! Thanks to Jason @ Jeepin'Outfitters for the gift certificate for the "Jeep of the Month"!

Goody, at full lock and full passenger tire stuff, do you get any contact on your tie rod with your axle side ram mount?
    Crawling For Reid March 17, 2018 Adventure OffRoad Park
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1670437756568674/

Senior Moderator

Great Build Goody!!! Always admired what you have done.. The duck swimming behind your Jeep.. CLASSIC!!!! I laugh everytime I look at the pix
    Hi I am Craig
    Retired USAF, Currently Service Manager at a Dodge/Chrysler JEEP & Ram Dealership
    Generally just a Crusty ole Smart Arse
    2018 JKU RUBICON RECON EDITION

Really good build man
    2012 JKU Sahara
    2.5" Rock Krawler Flex/Bilsteins
    35" Toyo OC/Rugged Ridge
    Poison Spyder Brawler lite