PDA

View Full Version : Criteria for Build Threads ** Please Read**

ECHO
11-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Build threads are a great way to show the growth of your beloved JK or JKU, they also are a great place to discuss options for your build and seek some good advice. It's a great oppurtunity for other members to get ideas, learn, visualize,dream and even drool or just be plain jealous of your build..

What a build thread isn't , Well, it's NOT a substitution for Facebook or other B.S. medium, It's NOT a place to talk down or belittle someones build or choices, It's NOT a place to advertise your other social networks, contests or links not associated with your build.

A build thread is, just that.. a thread about your build.. let's please keep them that way in the interest of Sharing,Learning and growing ...

Thanks for taking the time to read this - Craig a.k.a. ECHO

Badpunkin
11-26-2012, 04:47 PM
good post. Thanks Craig!!

TheDirtman
11-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Could we also make it so that in your build thread you put things that you actually do to your rig and not about what you are dreaming about doing that is going to change 100 times before you make your mind up so that the build doesn't become a massive 500 page thread loaded with hundreds of photos of your jeep in different locations that you took just for the sake of taking a picture that no one will ever read because it is too long.

ECHO
11-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Could we also make it so that in your build thread you put things that you actually do to your rig and not about what you are dreaming about doing that is going to change 100 times before you make your mind up so that the build doesn't become a massive 500 page thread loaded with hundreds of photos of your jeep in different locations that you took just for the sake of taking a picture that no one will ever read.

Excellent points.. I know I lose interest sorthing through the B.S. & I have recieved PM's about it as well - Thanks

speed2005
11-26-2012, 05:04 PM
And by popular demand we have this new forum section.
Will you be so kind to use the “report to moderator” function to report your thread asking us to move it to this new section?

TheDirtman
11-26-2012, 05:04 PM
We can let everyone know as well that there is a place for photo albums in your profile and that is a great place to show off your rig. We don't need a poser shot in every post you make. Try and limit build thread shots to things that have actually been changed or modified and please give some details on what you have done in the photo.

D_engel
11-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Could we also make a rule that if your build thread gets locked more than twice, you will not be allowed to start another?

That_guy
11-26-2012, 05:23 PM
We can let everyone know as well that there is a place for photo albums in your profile and that is a great place to show off your rig. We don't need a poser shot in every post you make,

I wish you could access things like photo albums and what not through taptalk.

I wonder if that has something to do with SOME of the "extra stuff" that ends up in build threads.

Thanks for this 👍

Demps64
11-26-2012, 05:42 PM
I think if the new pic is showing change then its justified. I agree with dirtman on the dreaming stuff, it's fine to seek advice on one direction or another when you get there, and what's a build without a plan?. Have a plan, but keep it real... for our sake and your own. Oh, and good move on making it a new section :thumb:

:jkfreaks::wootrock:

ECHO
11-26-2012, 06:27 PM
I just went through and moved most of the ones updated in the last 30days.. if I missed you let me know so I can move it.. thanks

That_guy
11-26-2012, 08:03 PM
I just went through and moved most of the ones updated in the last 30days.. if I missed you let me know so I can move it.. thanks

Where did you move them?
Sorry for the stupid question but I can't find them on taptalk.

briaros6
11-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Speed and Echo thanks for creating the new forum section!

karls10jk
11-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Where did you move them?
Sorry for the stupid question but I can't find them on taptalk.

You're in the sticky of the folder with them, but linky below....

http://www.jkfreaks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?44-Build-Threads

ECHO
11-26-2012, 08:26 PM
You're in the sticky of the folder with them, but linky below....

http://www.jkfreaks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?44-Build-Threads

Karl yours is moved as well

SetCol73
11-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Good Idea. I cleaned mine up, got rid of my "wish list" and some poser shots. Can you please place mine in the proper area? Thanks!

Setcol73's 2011 JKU Build Thread

ECHO
11-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Good Idea. I cleaned mine up, got rid of my "wish list" and some poser shots. Can you please place mine in the proper area? Thanks!

Setcol73's 2011 JKU Build Thread

Moved to Build area