PDA

View Full Version : traction control light on. help please

jamescb77
07-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Hey guys after i got my lift on the traction control light is on and stays on full time. I have recentered the wheel and the jeep drives nice and straight. I am going to try to recenter it with help of the procal recentering option and see if that helps. I have tried clearing dtc codes and disconnecting the negative battery cable, and the light still is there. Do you have to reset it somehow, or will it just go out when the steering is perfect like these jks require? thanks everyone

Badpunkin
07-18-2012, 11:25 AM
try centering with the pro cal and reprogram your speedo and shift points (auto only). Does your lift have adjustable CAs??

jamescb77
07-18-2012, 11:34 AM
ok ill try readjusting the steering with the procal and i have already set the speedo. I have a manual. I have fully adjustablt uppers and lowers but the jeep drives great and everything is set you RK's specs.

TheDirtman
07-18-2012, 12:08 PM
It may take a couple of on off cycles for the lights to go off.

tslewisz
07-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Mine has always been tolerant of the steering wheel being a bit off. You didn't stretch/damage an ABS wire installing your lift, did you?

jamescb77
07-18-2012, 12:44 PM
No we were very careful not to put a stretch on anything. Hoping that with a few cycle and maybe getting it a little closer it will go off. Not having cruise is getting old fast since i scoot down the highway everyday to work. Jeep drives great at 70 though nice and straight no shimmy nothing.

JKred
07-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Check the connectors for the sensor cable, the front plugs are behind the shock tower, rear along the frame.

They're very easy to pop free. If the light are on you will have a code. That code will tell you which wheel speed sensor is either unplugged or went bad. The lights won't go off until you clear the code.

Hook-em
07-18-2012, 01:18 PM
The centering of the steering wheel is crucial I think 5 is the limit of deviation before the indicator is displayed. If the steering wheel is the issue, you should feel vibration in the pedals from teh ESP trying to correct the perceived skid. Otherwise, like Mike (JKred) said too, look at those ESP sensors.

jamescb77
07-18-2012, 01:28 PM
OK when i first got it on and started driving it i could randomly feel the vibration of the esp trying to kick on. then after a few miles the light just went on and stayed on. Their is no more vibrations. It drives perfect and i have tried reseting the dtc but nothing changes.

JKred
07-18-2012, 01:40 PM
OK when i first got it on and started driving it i could randomly feel the vibration of the esp trying to kick on. then after a few miles the light just went on and stayed on. Their is no more vibrations. It drives perfect and i have tried reseting the dtc but nothing changes.

You need to physically read the code, see what it is. Try the key cycle reader but I don't think it will read abs/ESP codes. I know the super-chips programmer will but if you don't have one I'm not sure if autozones reader will....

jamescb77
07-18-2012, 02:41 PM
OK thanks guys. Ill run to autozone later today if i get time and see what the reader says. Assuming it can read it.

jamescb77
07-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Well on the way home the light went out and all is good. I'm guessing it just needed a certain amount of key turns or miles being correct before it would go out. Either way everything is good to go now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

TheDirtman
07-18-2012, 04:37 PM
I thought I told you that but you must not have believed me.

Badpunkin
07-18-2012, 04:41 PM
always believe The Dirtman!!

jamescb77
07-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Not that I didn't believe you I just wanted to update the thread so people that come along g this in the future will ha e a conclusion to what happened with the problem

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2